Purple Roofs Inn Description
Georges on York Bed & Breakfast offers a mix of comfortable elegance and modern amenities. The historic 1870s-era Georgian home has been lovingly renovated, keeping the history and details of the time period intact. Set in historic Taneytown, Maryland, Georges on York B&B is convenient to the area's finest special event venues, Civil War history, hiking and outdoor activities, colleges, and local food and drink experiences.
The inn is a thoughtful blend of old-world elegance and the modern amenities and comforts that today's travelers expect. The five guest rooms all feature en suite, luxury baths, and either king or queen modern beds. Smart TVs, desks, multiple charging points, seating areas, and climate control (AC throughout the inn!) give guests the space and flexibility to create a comfortable stay.
Four guest rooms are located on the second floor, one on the third floor. Each room is an homage to the person for whom the room is named.
* The Dr. George Motter Room is named for the home's builder, a Union Army asst surgeon who became a prominent business owner and community figure. This room features Edwardian-inspired furnishings and a king bed.
* The George Walter Wilt Room is named for the home's next owner who purchased the home from the estate of Dr. Motter in the early 1900s. This nod to the turn-of-the-century features bold colors and a fun brass queen bed.
* The Miss Elizabeth Room (Wilt's daughter) is the most romantic of the guest rooms, with pink, black and white decor, a king-size white farmhouse bed, 1930s inspired fixtures, and a shot of glamour.
* The Dr. George Baumgardner Room (Elizabeth's son) features authentic mid-century modern furnishings and a cool vibe. A king bed and convertible sofa allow for up to three people to occupy this room.
* The Parson's Rest, located on the 3rd floor, has sloped ceilings, a step up to the queen bed, and private seating nook that make this room unique and cozy. The name honors the property's earliest history as a church parsonage.
Large common areas make for great gathering spaces for groups traveling together or an impromptu conversation with new friends. A private patio and firepit are fresh, new and designed to allow guests to feel comfortable and special. Perfect for sharing stories of the day's events.
Georges on York is also known for its hearty, home-cooked breakfasts. Start your day with a breakfast lovingly made with locally-sourced seasonal ingredients. The inn's seasonal breakfast dishes include vegetables often from the inn's large garden, eggs from nearby pasture-raised chickens, meats from a (very) local butcher, locally produced cheeses, and homemade baked goods. And, coffee (and tea) is served in mugs, not tea cups. Every effort is made to accommodate dietary restrictions and food allergies.
The inn is right in the heart of the historic downtown district of Taneytown, Maryland, with private guest parking. Located at the crossroads of Carroll and Frederick Counties in Maryland and Adams County, Pennsylvania, the inn is perfect for those looking for a romantic getaway, planning a college visit, and for business travelers coming to visit one of Carroll County's many corporate sites. No pets. Children 15 and older are welcome as guests when traveling with an adult.
Military (active and retired) and corporate rates are available. The inn is an ideal site for intimate weddings, small private parties, meetings and retreats.
145-165/nt US Dollar
Georges on York Bed & Breakfast
10 York St. , Taneytown, Maryland, 21787, USA
The one-stop social network and information portal for the LGBTQIA (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, questioning, intersex, asexual) and emerging gender/sexual identity community; straight allies also welcome.