At Purple Roofs, we list thousands of gay and lesbian owned and friendly accommodations around the world - bed and breakfasts, vacation rentals, hotels, guest houses, and much more. We also list hundreds of gay and lesbian friendly travel agents and tour operators.
Unlike many other travel directories, Purple Roofs is not a simple repackaging of mainstream hotel chains for the gay and lesbian market (though we do have a couple of the gay-friendliest) - instead, we offer thousands of locally owned accommodations that you won't find in one place anywhere else.
This is our Morocco Gay Travel section - here, you'll find Morocco gay friendly and lesbian and gay owned bed and breakfasts, inns, hotels, vacation rentals, and other accommodations. We also list Morocco travel agents and tour operators, as well as local gay travel events, gay travel news, and much more.
At Purple Roofs, we list thousands of gay friendly and gay owned accommodations, and yours could be next. If your accommodations welcome the LGBT community, add them here.
Get a Free Travel Book
Join our mailing list and get a special Purple Roofs edition of "Queer Places" Click Here
If we know about any local gay travel events in Morocco, we'll list them here.
Casablanca - Morocco Adventure: Camels, Kasbahs & Couscous (Private Tour)
Morocco offers travelers the opportunity to experience North Africa with the comfort of knowing they will be greeted warmly by smiling, tolerant people. Moreover, the affable Moroccans are admired worldwide for their superb craftsmanship, architecture and cuisine. Throw in the incredible Saharan landscapes, lovely Atlas Mountain villages, unbelievably photogenic souks, and fascinating history in which Jews and Berbers co-mingle amicably with the Arab people, and you begin to understand just why Morocco is so special!
Odds are that, once you immerse yourself in this delightfully rich culture, you'll find yourself toting home a Berber carpet, Gnawa painting or boxful of classical/Andaluz music DVDs!
Your Morocco Adventure (PRIVATE TOUR) will include an unending succession of highlights:
- Camel trekking over Saharan dunes at sunrise, taking in the ever-changing hues and interacting with your friendly Berber guide
- Participating in hands-on workshops on Moroccan cuisine, traditional crafts (mosaic, zellij gypsum carving) and music/instruments
- Listening to the surprisingly lyrical call to prayer of the muezzin
- Hiking through the picturesque Berber mountain village of Imlil, exploring its impressive kasbah and gazing upon Jebel Toubkal, North Africa's highest peak
- Strolling through the narrow alleys of Feza's 9th century medina, the world's oldest intact medieval city, and periodically shouting "ballack, ballack" to warn fellow travelers of fast-approaching donkeys, who invariably approach from behind!
- Listening to private lectures on Moroccan history, religion and society
- Conversing with elderly Arab antique merchants and art dealers, many of whom speak fondly and nostalgically of their Jewish "cousins"
- Battling sensory overload while exploring Marrakecha's souks and main square, where snake charmers, belly dancers, Gnawa musicians, astrologers, storytellers, acrobats, henna tattoo women, jugglers, monkey handlers and fringed hat wearing water sellers have been plying their trade for almost 1,000 years!
- Drinking tea with a Berber family.